emar
hang in is there such a verb like " hang in " synonymous with "hang out but to refer to be idle with a friend at his or your home: chatting and the like? I thought to have overheard " thank you for hanging i n here today " ( they had just been chatting in the living room9 Thanks
3
0
Hello, In the context of "Thank you for hanging in here today", or "hanging in there", to me it suggests a level of perseverence was needed to last through the entire meeting, chat, etc.. If I had a difficult (or boring or unpleasant) problem to solve with a team, I might say, "Thanks for hanging in there with me."
They are not synonyms. "Hang in" means to persevere and be patient as things will get better . Example: Hang in there! "Hang out" means to pass time idly, socially. Example: "Do you want to hang out this weekend at my house?"
emar