Frankwill
What's the meaning of ' to beat around the bush'? I just read an article which has the phrase "to beat around the bush".I am not sure it's meaning.Can anyone help me to figure it out?and how shall people generally use it?Thank you.
2
0
Maybe when an uncomfortable question is asked. You might "beat around the bush" like a parent questioning a child on where the child was, the child might "beat around the bush". It can be used like you are trying to avoid answering or stall a person. More here http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/beat+around+the+bush
"to beat around the bush".> talk about something in a irrelevant way/ reply to something by telling you a lot of things , but never actually answer your question. Example : Where were you late? You have been telling me a lot of things that I don't want to know .Stop beating round the bush and tell me the real reason.
Frankwill