Sajad
A grammatically question!! please help me In English grammar, do we have this tense in conditional sentences? If clause =simple past result clause=simple past For Ex: If I had a car, I took you to your house Or If I had enough money, I bought a house bigger
9
0
Yes, but your sentences are not quite correct. Instead of the verbs being in past tense form, you need to use could/should/would/might, etc. You could say: If I had a car, I would take you to your house. If I had enough money, I would buy a bigger house. If I had enough money, I might buy a newer car. If you buy a car, you should buy a red one.
Hi Sajad That is not correct. There are 4 main kinds of conditional statements. You can look at them here and click on each one for a better explanation of each: http://www.perfect-english-grammar.com/conditionals.html The Zero Conditional is for things that are always so (if + present simple, ... present simple) The First Conditional is for things in the future that you are not sure whether they will happen (if + present simple, ... will + infinitive) The Second Conditional is for things in the present or future that are theoretical only or very unlikely - unrealistic present or future (if + past simple, ... would + infinitive) The Third Conditional is for the past, for things that happened differently and you are supposing how they could have been instead. It is for things that are impossible to change. It is purely theoretical. (if + past perfect, ... would + have + past participle) See some examples on the website There are also mixed forms, which you should not worry about until you are very comfortable with the basic forms, but here is a good link for them too: http://www.englishpage.com/conditional/mixedconditional.html Most likely you meant: If I had a car I would take you to your house (unrealistic present or future - Second Conditinal) If I had more money I would buy a bigger house (unrealistic present or future - Second Conditional) Note that the first part is in the past (had) even though it is talking about the present or future. It is important to learn the conditional statements well, because it is really hard to understand what a person means if you either misunderstand them when you hear them, or say them wrong. They can really give the wrong impression if misunderstood.
I don't know if i'm saying right, but when I learned English at school, I learned this way: When you use If I (verb in past), you have to complete the sentence with "I would..." Example: If I had a car, I would take you to your house If I had enough money, I would buy a bigger house. Hope I could help you ^^
Ok so for the conditional tense you are going to use the word "would" so like in your example, If I had a car, I would take you to your house. For the second sentence, If I had enough money, I would buy a bigger house. Adjectives go in front of the noun. Hope this helped you out.
Sajad
English, Persian (Farsi)