Check out our updated Community
Ignacio
Which one is the correct version for "She told me where to buy it" in Brazilian Portuguese? a) Ela me disse onde compra-lo b) Ela me disse onde o comprar c) Ela me disse o onde comprar Thanks
The versions "A" and "B" are correct, if you intend to refer to a masculine noun (the thing you're supposed to buy). However, the most natural sentence is "A", because the pronoun is more emphasized in the speech. Detail: "comprÁ-lo", with stress.
A and B in Brazilian Portuguese, but actually these phrases are very very formal. Probably you will only find them in books and magazines. Usually the Brazilians avoid and change this format, so we would say: "Ela me disse onde comprar isto"; "Ela me disse onde eu encontro isto para/pra comprar" or just "Ela me disse onde tem/vendem isto".
a frase correta seria: Ela disse-me onde compra-lo
The "A" option is the most usual, but you can use the option "B" also (it means the same, but in a very formal way). Take caution: In Portuguese, you need to use "a comprar" or "comprá-la" to female subject/object and "o comprar" or "compra-lo" to male subject/object.
Ignacio
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
English, French, Portuguese