Check out our updated Community
Miyu
What is your recommended book? Please tell me the most interesing English book you think. Novel, essay or everything.My reading level is not so high, but I just want a chance to find an English book. When I have the high ability, I'm going to read a more difficult book. Now, I want to know what book everyone think it is the most interesting. I'm sorry, I should have written this.
It is hard to recommend a book without knowing how well you speak English. I wouldn't recommend a particularity complex book to a beginner, do you understand? Here are a few of my favourite books: The Little Prince by ‎Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. This is a very simple book. I have read it in Chinese about 20 times. It's wonderful and talks about how when people grow up, they often forget what it really important in life. Difficulty - 3.5-4/10 The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon. This is about an autistic teenager and how autistic people see the world very differently to us "normal" people. It's wonderful, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Difficulty - 6/10 Matilda by Roald Dahl. One of my mum's favourite books It's about a very clever school girl. Difficulty 5/10 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. I'm sure you know this book! Difficulty 5/10 Animal Farm by George Orwell. This book is about communism and how it doesn't work. It's set in a farm and uses the farm animals to construct a working model of communism and demonstrates how it never works. Difficulty 6/10 (but this book is short!) The Fault in our Stars by John Green. This is perhaps the best book I have ever read, and definitely one of the saddest books I have ever read. It's about a girl with lung cancer who is depressed and doesn't really want to live anymore until, one day, she meets the love of her life at a cancer support group. They go on a wonderful adventure together to Amsterdam in Holland, and it has a very sad ending (I don't want to spoil it for you)!! Difficulty 8/10 Harry Potter - I'm sure you know these. I highly recommend getting the audiobooks of these is you can, read by Steven Fry. They are AMAZING. He reads them so well. Difficulty 8/10
I like classic literature, so might be difficult based on your reading level, but here goes Favorite comedy/adventure: The three musketeers Favorite dramatic story: The count of Monte cristo Favorite shorter story: Of mice and men If you're looking for easier reading, let me know, I have more recommendations :)
This is just my opinion but I think alice's adventures in wonder land or I think its alice in wonder land and the adventures she had there is very Intresting. Animal farm , huckleberry fin, to kill a monking jay are the ones I can think at the top of my head. There are also popular book series like harry potter, the hunger games, and the maze runner.
Thank you for your comment. It was very useful.
If you read English books to improve your English skills, How about reading books on self-improvement?
Miyu