Hamed
Which sentence is correct? - Your life will get better when you realise it's better to be alone than chase people who don't really care about you. - Your life will get better when you realise it's better to be alone than TO chase people who don't really care about you. I have found the sentence above on the Internet. But I don't know if we should add the preposition 'To' before 'Chase' or not. Thank you in advance.
The first sentence doesn't strike me as obviously wrong. I think it's OK without the second 'to'. The contrast is clearer if you repeat the 'to', but I don't think that you have to repeat it. Both infinitives - 'be' and 'chase' - can depend on the first 'to'.
Thank you, Ryan.
Grammatically, the second one is correct but if you were to say that to someone either one would be fine. For a side note in the United States the word "realize" is with a Z.
probably the second sentence is more correct. who cares?
Hamed
English, Persian (Farsi)