ScissorsLuv
Present perfect or Past simple? short sentences I have to choose between the present perfect or the past simple form of some verbs to complete theese sentences Are they correct? -On several occasions it HAS RAINED a lot, so the people in the fields at the festival HAVE GOT covered in mud. - HAVE YOU BEEN into the cathedral? (Well, in this case I'm very confused cause I don't know wich one I should use before "into".. DID YOU GO or HAVE YOU BEEN?) -Yes and I'VE WALKED all around it. It's an incredible place -When DID WE MEET last? -I ASKED Kate to go out with me a few times when we were students. Now I know why SHE SAID "no" every time!
You got all the sentences correct! Well done! Concerning your query about the second sentence, both options are correct. However, "Have you been into the cathedral?" implies that the speaker is asking the person as they are standing outside of the cathedral. The second one, "did you go into the cathedral?" sounds like it is the end of the day and the speaker is asking they visited the cathedral on their tour today.
Thank you so much! :)
ScissorsLuv
English, Italian, Spanish