Sabrina
the tense of verb I am confused about the tense of verb when I describe a reality happened in the past. As we all know, I need to use the past tense, but when I am talking about a man's reality such as he is a doctor. Should I use past tense to describe he was a doctor. The true is that he is always a doctor. That is my question. Thanks for your help.
I told everyone last night he is a doctor .(he still is) He told us that it is best to wear this when its raining ( his advice is still valid now)
As you know you use the past tense to describe an action that took place in the Past and is terminated in the present . So since this is his profession he is still a doctor as mentioned above, yet if you mention that he used to work as a doctor in a certain facility few years ago and he isn't working anymore at the moment ,then you could use the Past tense as follows: "He was assigned as a doctor in the "facility x" 3 years ago " ( he is not doing that job anymore ) .
Sabrina