Asem okby
What is the meaning of "etc" ? Hey everybody i see some people use this word "etc" more but i don't know what is it mean !
It is an abbreviation of 'et cetera' ( mentioned above already ) It is of Latin origin and means " and other things". It refers to the other things belonging to the same category of the examples mentioned before in the sentence as shown in Tracie's example . Those other things are not necessarily objects ,they could be cities, names , descriptions etc .... ( here "etc" is used to refer to all other nouns that could belong to the category ). Another example : He travelled all over Europe ,he visited the most beautiful cities such as Rome , Paris, Budapest , Madrid ...etc . Here 'etc' refer to a number of other european cities he might have visited. I hope the meaning is clearer now :)
It is an abbreviation of "et cetera" (and pronounced "et SET-er-uh"), a Latin phrase which means "and so forth". It is used at the end of a list to imply that there are more unmentioned items in the group. "I like apples, bananas, oranges, etc." = "I like apples, bananas, oranges... (and other kinds of fruit)"
It is an abbreviation for "et cetera". Sometimes people also use the term "et al". It is a term that people use when they don't want to list all of the items implied in a statement. For example: "I will bring the forks, spoons, napkins, etc. to the picnic." Etc here implies all the things that are unsaid, like plates, blanket, cups and anything else you might need for a picnic.
Asem okby
Arabic, Arabic (Egyptian), English, Turkish
English, Turkish