Edi Wang
Why did not the role sorrow for his mom Yesterday evening I watched an episode refered to College Humor, a role's mom died, he just said "weird" without any even a little sorrowful emotion expressed, As you know , this is unbelievable in China. So ,can you explain this different weird "weird" culture?
Hard to say without seeing the clip. Grief is a complex thing and different people of different cultures react differently. The lack of reaction or emotion may have been part of the humor. It is however also possible that he was in shock, was trying to cope and therefore called it weird. There are also some cultures that are very restrained i.e. not that they don't fell them but that they don't show emotions. Sometimes if the person in question has been ill for a very long time, people actually more happy than sad that the suffering of a loved one is over. etc.... There are actually a lot more possible scenarios that might explain what you saw. Weird just means strange. It was probably just meant to show that he was struggling to come to terms with the loss, with the concept that she would not be there anymore.
It's not normal in Western culture, so it was probably supposed to be funny. But of course, we don't know without seeing it.
thank you ,Jean, you correct my fault.
"College Humor" and "weird" are redundant expressions.
I don't know this show so I cannot answer the question. However, we call this person a character not a role.
Edi Wang