nili
Which sentence is correct? 1.I decided that I wouldn't talk to her ! 2.I decided that I wouldn't talk to her again! 3.I decided not to talk to her again! 4.I decided that I never talk to her! 5.I decided that I would never ever talk to her again.
1.I decided that I wouldn't talk to her ! Correct. Better: "I decided not to talk to her" 2.I decided that I wouldn't talk to her again! Correct, but it means you talked to her before, and will not to it again. Better: "I decided not to talk to her again" 3.I decided not to talk to her again! Perfect :) 4.I decided that I never talk to her! Incorrect. You must use a modal verb (فعل وجهی) after "decide that". 5.I decided that I would never ever talk to her again. Correct. Better: "I decided to never ever talk to her again". "Never ever" is informal. #4 is wrong. #1, 2, 5 are unnatural. When the "decide" and the main verb have the SAME subject, use "decide to do". If the two verbs have DIFFERENT subjects, use "decide [that]". You can remove "that". For example I decided to go (not "I decided that I will go") My friend decided to cook dinner tonight We decided to watch a movie But... I decided [that] you don't have to go My friend decided [that] I should cook dinner We decided [that] this movie is boring
They're all correct except for 4. 2,3 and 5 are the same, just phrased differently. 1 is slightly different in that there's no "again", which means the person may have never talked to her before.
They are all correct, with slightly differing meanings.
nili
English, French, Persian (Farsi)