Louise Scott
How do you say what school you go to? Do you say 我来自...(名字学校) 谢谢!
Feb 1, 2016 5:31 PM
Answers · 5
You 上 a school. The school's name is often transliterated. 上小學 - To attend primary school 上中學 - To attend middle school 上高中 - To attend high school 上大學 = To attend university. If you are a university student, you can say something like 我在劍橋大學讀書 - I study at Cambridge University 我在曼徹斯特大學念書 - I study at Manchester University 我在倫敦學習中文 - I study Chinese at The University of London You use 年級 to say what year you are in. 我是大學一年一的學生 - I'm a first year student (freshman) This can be simplified to 我是大 - I'm a first year Generally, a self introduction 自我介紹 is written like this: 大家好。我是NAME,今年AGE歲。我來自PLACE。etc.
February 1, 2016
It would be 我上 (学校的名字)I don't know the exact reason that 上 is used because it usually means "up," but 上学 is just a set phrase that means to attend school. Here's a dictionary entry from Line with sample sentences using 上学: http://ce.linedict.com/dict.html#/cnen/entry/b952b2c28b22476a8dd099c4f58d401b Hope this helps! :)
February 1, 2016
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Louise Scott
Language Skills
Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Korean, Spanish
Learning Language
Chinese (Mandarin), French, Korean, Spanish