April
how to use "well" and "all right" ? when others said something and I want to express the meaning of "ok" then tell them my own opinions. native speakers always begin the sentences with "well" or "all right". whats the difference?
I get accused of being pedantic so maybe this is just me but well means I disagree with what was said. i.e. well I wouldn't say, well you may think that but it doesn't make it true. all right means more I don't disagree with what you said but I don't think it's as relevant as you do. all right so a = b but how how is it relevant to the topic at hand? Not sure if that helps.
They mean pretty much the same thing...you are saying, yes, I hear what you said, but I have a different opinion. It's polite. Well, yes, (I understand/heard what you are saying,)but I don't think it's always true.
感觉不出区别
April
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Italian
English, Italian