Marie
Check my email please One of my clients has transferred some amount to the company with which I work, but the amount is less than what we agreed before. I want to email him to know about the reason and I really want to write him in a way not to offend him. So I’d appreciate if anybody could take a look at my text as below. I'm not sure about the last sentence in terms of politeness: Dear ... Thanks for sending the swift copy. As per agreed PI, the advance payment to be paid is 20% of PI total amount which is ... USD. But as the attached copy shows you have transferred ... USD. Would you please tell me the reason?
Your email was perfectly understandtable, but there were a couple things I didn't quite get (eg. PI, swift copy), etc. Here's a generic email you could write: Dear ... Thank you for your prompt payment. However there seems to be an issue: we had agreed to a payment of US$.... but only received US$..... Perhaps there is a misunderstanding? Thank you for your attention in this matter, I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. Best regards, [your name]
You could say, "Can you please explain why the total PI amount was not transferred?" It would still be polite and give them a chance to say why the total amount was not sent.
Marie
English, French, Italian, Persian (Farsi), Spanish
French, Italian, Spanish