xin
Can I give myself a English name Shane? I'm a male. The name is either a female name or a male name. Does it make trouble on me?
No trouble at all :) I think Shane is a pretty cool male's name!
Just FYI Shane is actually an Anglicized version of th Irish name Seán, which is the Irish of John, Jean in French or Johan in German.
Yes, definitely. It's not a problem at all. Some names can be used for men or women. In fact, 'Shane' is more common as a man's name than as a woman's name. If I had a meeting arranged with someone called 'Shane Smith' I would expect a man to walk into the room, and I would be surprised if a woman walked in. Shane is fine. I think it's a good name. Short, clear, understandable, easily remembered and similar to your own name. I also think you did well to abandon the idea of calling yourself 'Shingle', which, to be honest, was a pretty silly name. When people from other cultures choose English names, especially for use in business, it ought to be to make things easier for them, not harder. A wise choice.
Shane is a common name for men. No worries!
Yes shane is a male name
xin