Ilaria
Meaning of : والله.. والله.. السمك! السمك Hello, i have found that expression in this part of a dialogue: والله.. والله.. السمك! السمك. لا يصرف ماءً مثلما تصرفين.. هل يجب أن يظلوا غاطسين في الماء؟ - I know that سمك means "fish" but given the context i am quite sure that this is not the right meaning. So I suppose it might be a fixed expression or an idiom but i can't understand it... Can anyone help me ? Thank you!
والله.. والله.. السمك! السمك. لا يصرف ماءً مثلما تصرفين.. هل يجب أن يظلوا غاطسين في الماء؟ - "I swear by Allah that even fish don't waste water as much as you do. Should they remain diving in the water?
well i guess the first part of the sentence is directed at someone who wastes a lot of water, second part is not understandable, the sentence as a whole isn't understandable also, maybe you could double check the source.
first of all it's not an idiom, but سمك means fish , but the sentence does mean any thing in arabic
Ilaria
Arabic, English, Italian
Arabic, English