emar
card stock students make collage on cardstock???? We say " catulina in Spanish. And is " poster board , the same ( thick paper) or the board itself ? Thanks
Google Translate says "catulina" translates to "cardboard." "Cardboard" is a general term for any kind of thick, stiff paper. Boxes and cartons are made of corrugated cardboard. Business cards--the little 5 cm. by 9 cm. cards with your name and business on them--are made of cardboard. "Card stock," "oak tag," "poster board," etc. are all kinds of cardboard of different thicknesses. "Card stock" is more like a thick, stiff sheet of paper than a card. Printers use "card stock" for the outer jacket of a booklet. A "collage" is a kind of art made by combining many small pieces of paper, perhaps with pictures on them, and gluing them onto a single sheet to form an artistic design. It sounds as if the students are to use a fairly thin, light piece of cardboard--"cardstock"--to support the collage, and glue things onto it.
Poster board means the board used to display the presentation.
Sorry - I don't speak spanish, but my translator said 'catulina' was dog meat! Yes, I think they are very similar material. A posterboard would usually be larger - e.g. A1 or larger, whereas cardstock could be much smaller, such as A4 or A3. So I guess that you are right that a poster board is the board itself.
emar