Ruslan
A traveler who rents a car insist that the car not be identified as a rental. ?? It is recommended by police authorities that a traveler who rents a car insist that the car not be identified as a rental. I confused about bothe the meaning and the grammar as well First, For what reason a traveler insist that the car not be identified as a rental? Second, Why did police authorities recommend that? Third, Why did sentence use "insist" rather than "insists"
The reason is probably because rental cars are often used by visitors and tourists and so some thieves and robbers are more likely to target them. "recommend" is a verb which is often used in the subjunctive mood. The relevant structure is : recommend (+ that) + person + base verb e.g. I recommend you eat less chocolate (no difference in spelling) e.g. I recommend that your friend study English. (the final -s is lost) This structure is formal. In practice, the only difference with most verbs is that the third person -s disappears. With the verb to be, the subjunctive present form is "be".
Ruslan
Arabic, English, Indonesian, Italian, Javanese, Turkish
Arabic, English, Italian, Turkish