Marie
It’s the weekend, It bizarre A colleague from London was working today. I asked her: "why are you working? today is Sunday." then she replied: "It’s the weekend, It bizarre". What does it mean?
She said 'it is bizarre affirmatively or was it a question " Is it bizarre "? Was that a text message or you were talking ? You could tell by her tone ,whether she was sarcastic ,annoyed or just wondering ! If you were face to face her body language and face expression could have told you something as well about her intention . The sentence alone without sufficient context can't give an accurate explanation !
She's saying it's not just unusual, it's _very odd_ for her to work on Sunday. Bizarre has a connotation of something that's "crazy" or "doesn't make sense".
as far as I know her, it's so weird to me to see her working on Sundays. I'm a kind of her manager and I got surprised when I saw her sending emails to the customers which meant she traveled from outskirt to come to the office in central part of the city on Sunday :D
I think, it's sarcasm. it's just my humble opinion, maybe is not weird for her to work on weekend, or maybe she is having a hard day, and her best choice just was working on work. Why? Why not?
Marie
English, French, Italian, Persian (Farsi), Spanish
French, Italian, Spanish