Dmitry
synonyms Hello! Do the folowing words and expressions use in similar or different situations? Finaly, eventionaly, at last, ultimately, end up having. Thanks.
"Finally, eventually, at last, ultimately, end up" can all be used similarly but in some sentences one will "fit" better" sometimes. Examples: Finally/eventually, after 3 weeks I heard back about my job interview. At last, I heard back about my job interview.. Ultimately/ eventually, I got the job that I interviewed for 3 weeks ago. I ended up getting the job I interviewed for 3 weeks ago.
Finally he showed up Eventually he showed up At last he showed up These all mean that after some time of waiting, he showed up. These are interchangeable. Ultimately I had to cancel the appointment because he was so late. I ended up having to cancel the appointment because he was so late. These both mean that because he was late.....I had to do this, this is the outcome. I hope that helps!
Dmitry