trial session If you are about to enter a new job position , does it make sense to call your first unpaid days " trial period" or trial session when it is only one day' Because " internship refers to not having finished the studies and being in a post during your final year , doesnt it? Or apprenticeship, traineeship ? What do you call it in Britain ? Maybe different in The USA? I know i have asked abvout this other times but sorry, I do not get it clear. It is confusing for me. Thank you very much
Feb 10, 2016 11:40 AM
Answers · 2
1. In the US it's called a "probationary period" or "trial period", even if for one day. 2. Internship is a temporary job, usually unpaid, usually at university age. 3. Apprenticeship is a low-paid position in order to learn a trade alongside a master craftsman. 4. Traineeship is not used, to my knowledge. You can have a "training period" when you begin a new job.
February 10, 2016
I agree with John. These are all different things, and the usage is pretty well the same in the US and in Britain.
February 10, 2016
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
English, Spanish
Learning Language