Ruslan
The St. Bernard, has grown weaker as a breed because of constant inbreeding. Can I add "its" in the sentence then become... The St. Bernard, the famous Swiss dog of rescue, has grown weaker as a breed because of its constant inbreeding. If No, then why?
Yes, you can add "its" there. Also, with this phrase "the famous Swiss dog of rescue", it's much more natural to say "the famous Swiss rescue dog".
I would say that your sentence is totally fine the way that you have written it. The choice of changing "dog of rescue" to "rescue dog" is a personal choice and not necessary. The other comments as to your choice of words are wrong. That is someone changing your statements to suit them. Just because they would use other words does not make your choice wrong. In fact, I would choose the same words that you have, except for the "dog of rescue." Adding "its" no way implies that the dog is responsible for the inbreeding and the use of the word "constant" is not incorrect.
You're looking for 'due to'. The St. Bernard, the famous Swiss rescue dog, has grown weaker as a breed due to inbreeding. As for constant, it's ok, but not quite right. I would use 'excessive'.
I think you could technically but I wouldn't. It makes it seem as if the dog is responsible for the inbreeding. I would also right rescue dog instead of 'dog of rescue.' This just sounds more natural.
Write*
Ruslan
Arabic, English, Indonesian, Italian, Javanese, Turkish
Arabic, English, Italian, Turkish