Amber Wu
do people in the west clean their ears regularly? I'm a Chinese. When I was young , my mother would help clean my ears regularly. In the well lighted balcony, she would lay my head on her thigh, and carefully do the cleaning with a little stick. Of course, I keep on doing the job by myself as I grow up. So, will you guys in the west, Americans, Canadian, Australian, German, do the same?
My mother also did this for me when I was a child, but not to the extent it is often performed in China. Yes, Jean is correct; in the West, were it not medically indicated, no adult would consider such a procedure.
No definitely not. I am a nurse and have never heard of people doing this as a regular form of cleaning. Most people do not have wax build up in their ears to require doing that. It is also possible to puncture your eardrum if you are to aggressive when doing this. Most people would go to the Dr. if it was a problem because they would notice they were having trouble hearing because of wax build up.
Amber Wu