social counsellor I need a job name which is close to " social worker but not the same. I found " social counselor " which seems to fit , but do you use it in Britain ? Or jus American? IN Spanish : Educador social Thank you very much
Feb 15, 2016 2:30 PM
Answers · 2
Titles like this can be very difficult to translate as there may be no counterpart in a different language or culture. From the job description I just found for that title I'm not aware of any position similar where I lived. The tasks described would be done by the teachers. However I suspect that a title closer to what you are looking for might be "Community Social Workers".
February 15, 2016
I do not know the context of the job. In Canada we have social worker, social service worker, community service worker, community support worker, personal support worker. Your Spanish "educator social": social educator. I am actually a clinical social worker: trabajador social clinico.
February 15, 2016
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
English, Spanish
Learning Language