Artur
Active and Passive Voice I think that car IS followING us! (Present Continuous, Active Voice) followING - gerund or verb ? I think we ARE BEING followED. (Present Continuos, Passive Voice) followED and BEING - verbs? I think we ARE BEING followED by Tom. (Present Continuos, Passive Voice) followED and BEING - verbs?3rd sentence is correct?
A gerund is taking the alphabetical structure of a verb in the continuous tense as in verb in present tense + ING yet it remains a noun as a grammatical structure . In your examples they are all verbs in active and passive voice , mentioning the active person Tom will not change anything to the structure .
Those are all verbs not gerunds !
Thanks very much James!
As Cherry says, no sign of a gerund in any of these. That would be something like "Following us is scary". The 3rd sentence is correct but would probably be more natural in active voice: "I think Tom is following us".
Artur
English, German, Italian, Russian, Ukrainian