Anna
The verb to get has a lot of meanings in English and it's very confuse for me. I know it uses to say: receive a letter, to buy or acquire something, become, take. Are there any rules I should know about this verb?
Often get is used as a command eg Get me that book! Get out of here! Get away from me! Get ready for school now! Get out your books! Get going! Don't dawdle!
The terms get/got can be used to describe basically anything you aquire or possess, physically or even in a less tangible way. It will also often be used in situations where "have/has" may be more appropriate. Note that it isn't grammatically wrong, but often there are better terms that could be used. For instance: Person A: "Where's Tom today?" Person B: "He's got the flu so he stayed home." Another example: Person A: "Did you watch the debates last night?" Person B: "I tried, but I got so bored that I couldn't watch any more of it." Person A: "Haha, you've got no patience at all."