Tony
How long does it take to master a new language for a high level just like a native speaker? How long you spend studying foreign language each day? How long does it take to master a new language for a high level just like a native speaker? The several new languages such as English,German,French and Italian. Learning foreign languages just like a long row to hoe,would you say?
it depends on three issues your age, gender and how flexible your brain is. cheldren should be like native and young people and females are more likly to reach high level in foreign languages. i don't think that much studying is the solution... it should help but the most important is how to learn the foreign language.
My friend moved to the USA 6 years ago, she's been studying and working there for all this time, but still she makes tiny mistakes showing her non-american origin.
It's different for every person.
I have been studying english so long time but do not feel that I am a native speaker. We cannot become native speakers in every language we have mastered.