Cheena
how can we pratice the english thinking ? almost everyday i pratice english in work or in my spare time, but i still can not adopt the english thinking. i often express myself in chinglish.i am eager to get the answer. thank you so much.
Well, it happened to me as well! I think it is natural for a learner of any language to first think in his/her native language and then try to translate into their second language. I learnt to think in English first by avoiding translating. This is very important. When you read, try not to translate in your mind, but understand it as it is. This seems easy, but at first it requires a lot of practice. With the time (a couple of months at least) you will note that you start to think in English without using your language.
简单中文结构:时间(when)+地点(where)+主(subject) + (方法/how) +谓语 (predicate) +宾语(object) 时间地点的位置是比较随便的 简单英文结构:主(subject) +谓语 (predicate) +宾语(object) +(方法/how)+地点(where)+时间(when) 形容词副词就不多说了,这样组织你的英文,会顺畅很多。 英文说一句话之前,先要想主谓宾,然后才是how where when,其他的。而中文通常先想到的是when where how
Hello Cheena, You have to apply kind of a reverse build up technique , which means you build sentences in a reversed ( from back to front ) way .This applies to many sentences when translated from Chinese to English . You have to realize this concept in building most of the English sentences . You have also to practice the use of tenses that don't exist so definite in the Chinese language. In English it is not enough to say tomorrow or yesterday to indicate the tense , you have to express in term of TENSES by changing the verb structure . In English there are also more CONJUNCTIONS , that means words to combine 2 sentences for a sentence to make sense at all , which has to be taken in account when forming the sentence in English; you can't just write it simply without words of combination * e.g. You told me, that ......* Those are some important factors to consider, after all the more you practice the more you develop a sense for the language. The best thing is not to try to compare or translate into Chinese ,try to totally separate both and think English while practicing or learning . Hope that helps a little 88 :)