Cultural Questions Can anyone share with me things that can be said that can be misunderstood when trying to attempt Tagalog to a native Filipino. By that I mean things that can offend unintentionally if a person does not know what they are saying or doing when in the Philippines.
i find it hard to answer your question although i'm a filipino. don't worry filipinos won't be offended if you accidentally say an offensive word(we understand that it is to due to wrong grammar). Filipinos are very nice and friendly and we will definitely understand you. Just smile at us and we'll be fine.
It is so hard to think of a situation even we are Filipinos. I hope some Filipinos who had encounter such situation could perhaps share their experiences with you. Lee is right! We Filipinos can understand you if you will speak Tagalog incorrectly. If in case you mentioned things that we think it is inappropriate to say, we usually smile that indicates that we understand you. Don't worry most people here are friendly and nice.