rubis
about happiness... could anyone tell me which is the most happiest population/country in the world?
Your question is hard to answer because it is based on the presumption that happiness means the same thing for everyone, which cannot be taken for granted, to say the least. What makes me happy is not necessarily what may make you feel the same. Even inside the same country, people's views of happiness would vary considerably from one person to another. Happiness is rather relative and it depends on many factors like sex, social status,etc..: Even for the same person, it changes over time: what made me happy when i was a kid( a lollipop or a new game) is not what would "trigger" a sense of fulfillment and happiness inside of me now. What will make me happy in the future when i will be much older (if i still exist) i.e, a keenness on a quiet, calm life, would be certainly different from what make me pleased and satisfied in my youth and mature age. Happiness is not something that can be measured hence the difficulty to say a country is happier/ the happiest.
How do you measure happiness? I'm 'happy' if I learn a new song or find money on the sidewalk or get a sincere compliment or make a new friend from italki. Sorry but your question is impossible to answer. Everyone has experienced both feelings. If we both found money on the sidewalk at the same time who would be happier?
Derrick is right. Nevertheless, just think there's a population whose language has over forty terms for "snow" and no word for "war"... they are the Inuit (meaning "people"), better known as Esquimese. They probably don't feel any more happiness than any other population, but they feel peace.