another question:what is "a comics page"? could it be a comic actor?
Oct 25, 2008 2:38 AM
Answers · 1
Other than a term for comedians, "Comics" are also a form of american style drawn cartoon literature, usually in a panelled format. A "Comic book" for instance, is a (usually) paperback booklet featuring one or more comics. It is very similar to Japanese Manga, if you're more familiar with that, but in a more western style. In newspapers, they often have a page or so with a crossword, some interesting articles or trivia, and several short comic strips (usually 4 panels or so). This is often called the "comics page" or something like that, which is what comes to my mind from this term. It could also possibly refer the webpage of a comic.
October 25, 2008
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!