Heidi
Is this correct, 'Learning becomes more and more important'? Should I say 'Learning is becoming more and more important'? Thank you!
May 3, 2016 2:44 PM
Yes, It looks appropriate and people know your serious.
If you are talking about the present situation, it's more appropriate to use the present continuous: 'Learning is becoming more and more important'. This describes a change/trend that is happening at the current time. By the way, in case you don't get a reply to your very reasonable query 'My serious?', I think the gentleman who answered your question intended to write 'you're serious.'
What does it really mean - "Learning becomes more and more important" or "Learning is becoming more and more important"? It looks as if parts of the sentence have fallen off. Who is learning what? Important for what or to whom?
I'm still here and I saw the comment. Which i personally messaged what I had meant.