What are some differences between western families and Chinese families?
1. Chinese groom will give dowry to the Chinese bride's family. 2. Chinese families will not kick out their children or let their child live off on their own at 18. 3. Chinese families do not prey before eating. 4. Chinese families use chopsticks. 5. There a difference in respect as well. The young ones gathered at the dinner table tells the eldest to eat.
Western families are also very close with each other. My family eats together and we also get together for holidays. I have not lived in China so I can't really tell many differences.
Chinese families are close to each other, they would wait for the other members of the family to got home and that's the time they would eat together in a dining table. And whenever there is a holiday, grandparents, uncle, aunts as well as cousins gather all together in a certain place.