shine
just a choice question from TEM4 I'm now preparing the exam TEM4,and my grammer was weak. So I will have many questions about it through my preparing everyday.Hope you can help me and please tell me why is it.Because the testbook only tell me the answer,and never tell me why He will agree to do what you require ___him A.of B.from C.to D.for
Yes. "A" is the best answer. Unfortunately, many of the questions on such tests have nothing to do with the real world. So called "academics" put the tests together, but more than half the dialogue is utterly useless in conversation. Hope you have a lot of determination to wade through that bull. Find a teacher that can tell you what is worthwhile in life, and what is not. Some of the textbooks out there are garbage.
Hi The others have all answered this one already (& I've only just seen it). Yes: A "of" - "require of" is the most LIKELY answer... the problem is that I can think of a situation when "for" is also okay... "from" is usually used when someone is going to GIVE you something & "of" when you are asking someone to DO something for you (but it is not a rule & the line between of & from is blurry): What I require from you is a donation of $200. What I require of you is total dedication. The question needs to have some kind of context - a situation in which the sentence is being used - in order that you can only give one answer for certain.... 英语的语法常常没有固体的规矩,那个问题没有上下文所以我只能说A好象是最好的选择而已... 最好记住那个句子形. Jeff is right: many of these test questions are artificial & - in this case, certainly - can be misleading.
He will agree to do what you require of him.
The answer should be A. of. He will agree to do what you require of him. :D