Olga
But, however There are words 'but' , 'however' ,which helps to express contradict ideas in the same sentence. Could you help we with more words like these to use ? The wheather was rainy and cloudy but I walked in the park. Generally the situation is expected to be improved however there are still problems to be solved.
May 22, 2016 9:03 PM
however, but, still, nevertheless, even so It was raining but I took a walk in the park. It was raining. However, I took a walk in the park. It was raining. Nevertheless, I took a walk in the park It was raining. Even so I took a walk in the park. It was raining. Still, I took a walk in the park. It is also possible to use a subordinate clause with 'although': Although it was raining, I took a walk in the park
Look up contrastive and concessive conjunctions on this page: http://writesite.elearn.usyd.edu.au/m3/m3u5/m3u5s6/m3u5s6_2.htm You would need to some work in order to understand the right meaning and suitable contexts for each of these conjunctions. It would be worth doing some exercises, reading example sentences, and then asking for feedback on your own sentences.
Thank you,Lev!
In addition to Bill Kelly's comment: Even though the weather was rainy I walked in the park. Despite the rainy weather I walked in the park.