Jura
Are birthday cards popular in your country? What's the best one you have received? The best birthday card I have ever received was from a friend who makes her own cards with dried flowers on the front cover. Inside she wrote: I picked these roses just for you Knowing that you'd like them too, I promise that with every year, I'll pick some more and place them here.
We do send out birthday card in China, especially in the office. Everyone, except the birthday star, will sign and write their wishes for him or her on the card. And the funniest thing was that one of my coworkers bought a birthday card for herself. To Derrick, Life is amazing. The I at my 20s might not understand as much things as the I at my 30s. I feel comfortable with getting older and older. That is just how things go. Grow and change. Like a rainbow, there are different colors at different times, which makes our life colorful.
The birthday cards are still popular here in the Philippines despite the popularity of internet. It is really different if you give someone a card because it makes the effort more special.
maybe in china, people like better to choose a gift replacing the card when they turn to be adults. but when i was a little girl, such as in primary school, i got many interesting birthday cards. i want to save them, but so pity that i missed them when i moved from university to shanghai...
The best birthday card I get is Nothing because I just hate birthdays. I stopped counting birthdays at 39. Cynical yes but what's good about getting old?
In Greece people rarely exchange birthday cards as far as i know. "Well, who is that old guy?" specific nutrition, comfort, culture and peacefulness seem good reasons to extend a humans life and youth in comparison to the situation where someone lives a busy and hectic life. 70 years ago people were still developing the 'machine' (industry). Now it is time for the 'machine' to serve the humans . Long life, good health and longevity would be disastrous if humans remain violent and possessive in material. Thus, the natural selection condemns our spices to a mere 80 years of life. Somehow obvious.