Elena
NAtional logic How do you think if there is national logic? How do you understand the phrase "national logic"?
7
0
You might like this... https://www.indy100.com/article/the-cultural-differences-between-east-and-west-in-one-series-of-illustrations-7341201 Amy,
Hello Elena, I guess as a philosophical question, national logic could be perceived as the common sense or even as the prejudice of a country or culture. It's also a question of the source of influence in each country, being more from the government/regime or from education and self thought. I have been in some countries where people are less inclined to question the expectations of society. For me, I'm more interested in what is the same in people all over the world, because that for me is the true essence of being human. I wouldn't go into more information here as these answers are for language learning and asking questions on different cultures soon leads to opposing opinions.
The phrase "national logic" really does not have any meaning I know of. Logic is the science of reasoning according to a set of rules or principles of validity. National just means "of a nation". Putting the two together really does not make much sense. If you can provide more context, perhaps we can better help you.
Hi, Amy. I do not mean to ask about national logic in the way of language issue, but philosophy. I can guess it is close to mentality, but I am not sure. My aim is to know opinions of people on italki who have broad experience of talking to people from different countries with diverse cultures. Thanks for reply. Sorry for mistakes ;)
Hello Elena, I have never heard of this phrase, and it would be difficult to explain it without understanding the context in which the phrase is used. The only way I could explain it is by explaining each word, but I think you know the meaning of national and of logic as your English is a reasonable level. Where did you hear this phrase? Thanks, Amy.
Elena