Mohamed
I need to know the differences ... * I helped ** I had helped *** I have helped ____________________ I need to know the differences between them without digging into a grammar rules just like the native who has never learned a grammar will explain them. ____ Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide.
2
0
I helped my grandma last Sunday. (Something you did, on a specific day and that's already finished). I have helped many times to raise money for the treating of cancer. (Experiences you've had that are relevant to the present). I had helped Roy *before* I found out he was cheating on me. (Something you did before another past action).
My advice is that you should not worry much about this. The difference in meaning is not important. You will easily be understood if past tense is intended and you use any of these past tenses. The vast majority of situations will be understood in context and If there is any question, the listener will ask a follow up questions to clarify.
Mohamed
Arabic, Arabic (Egyptian), English