jing
What is the difference between “in future” and" in the future"?
7 Th10 2016 12:06
4
0
'In the future' means at some unspecified time after now. For example, "In the future, we might all live on Mars." 'In future' means 'from now onwards'. For example, "I don't want this mistake to happen again. In future, I want to see copies of all invoices before payments are made." I hope that makes sense. By the way, this distinction doesn't apply to US English. Speakers of American English don't distinguish between the two meanings, and use 'in the future' in both contexts.
7 tháng 10 năm 2016
"In future" is correct and natural in Australian English. Really, what is the difference between using "the" and not using "the"? :) One is specific, the other is general. In Australia, we use "in future" to mean next time, in the general sense. "You should be more careful in future."
7 tháng 10 năm 2016
Where have you heard "in future" before. I'm not sure that's anything other than incorrect. You should probably go with "in the future."
7 tháng 10 năm 2016
Future without the is adjective. and with the is none.
7 tháng 10 năm 2016
jing
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Other), English