Alec
Professional Teacher
How can I say "to spend time with ?" How can I say - to spend hour(s) doing something; i.e. I spent 3 hours working on that paper. - to spend time with someone, i.e. I like to spend time with my cats. The examples are just there so you can get an idea of what I mean. I just would like to know how to express this idea of "spending time doing/spending time with". Thank you in advance :)
1
1
I spent 3 hours working on that paper. If you are still working on it, I would say:その書類(しょるい)にとりかかって3時間がすぎました。 If you finished it after working on it for three hours, I would say: その書類を仕上げるのに3時間かかりました。 *There are other ways to say "working on that paper" dipending on the kind of "paper". I like to spend time with my cats. 私はねこといっしょに時間をすごすのが / すごすことが好きです。 However, I would say: 私はねこといっしょにすごす時間が好きです。 I hope this was helpful.
Alec
Dutch, English, French, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
Dutch, Japanese, Russian, Spanish