Carlo
Paraphrasing the lyrics of a song? Would anyone be so kind as to tell me what this song is about? And maybe even help me out with rephrasing it so that it makes sense? I've tried to reword it but consistently failed, not only because of words like "acusticalullaby" and the ten-mile long sequence of adjectives (?) at the end of each verse, but also because the subject and many other crucial grammatical elements are often omitted and grammar rules broken throughout the song... “Belly of the Beast” by The Libertines It was lost in a sound like this Oft times his mind told himself was bliss Acousticalullaby with all hell going on inside It was a trench-coat top hat shotgun dog down day It was a sound a bit like this Trashy & blue with a blaggard's hiss Talking about gits love today In a strung up hang dog head f**k quick buck way Packed up and I headed East Headed for the Belly of the Beast But within a Bangkok's half hour I was way laid by a lower power It was a smacked up cracked up bone shot smacked down day
4
0
It's mostly nonsense, or perhaps even the random thoughts of a drug-addled libertine! You'd have to ask the writer what he was thinking at the time. Of course, he or she may not remember now!
Carlo
English, German, Italian