Ning An
Please tell me if this sentence is correct ? "not just because A but more importantly because B" I love a singer, not just because she is good, but more importantly because her songs had accompanyed me through a lot of time
2
0
I feel "not just because A but more importantly because B" sounds a little odd. If you start a phrase limiting the range of something with "not just", it should be followed by a phrase that supplies the rest of it, like "but (also)", rather than "more importantly" which is about depth than range. If you must use "but more importantly", then instead of negating it with "not", leave it positive with a qualifier, as in: I love this singer, first [in part / on the one hand] because her singing is good, but more importantly because her songs have helped me get through many difficult times. This way, you first gives a partial or lesser reason and then follow it with the main point - you can't do it if you negate the first part with "not".
Hi Ning An! You should consider changing it to reflect that you still like her by using a more appropriate tense and a more articulate expression towards the end. Also, I'm assuming you are talking about a particular singer and not describing why you like singers, in general. Hope this helps! Regards, ServiceTier "I love this singer, not just because she is good, but more importantly because her songs have accompanied me through many ups and downs."
Ning An