Mikkel
An English word for the Danish word “boundary crossing” In Danish there is a word that literally means “boundary crossing”. It can sometimes be translated to “transgressive”, but it has a much wider application. Many situations in which a person does something that requires them to leave their comfort zone can be considered “boundary crossing”. Someone might feel that eating larvae is “boundary crossing”, and another person might think of speaking in public as “boundary crossing”. How can I express the Danish meaning of “boundary crossing” in English (preferably with a single word)? Thanks a lot for you help!
2016년 10월 9일 오후 12:25
7
1
Mikkel, You answered your own question "break out of one's comfort zone." There is no better expression or word I can think of.
2016년 10월 9일
How about "far-out", "outlying", or "avant-garde"?
2016년 10월 9일
"Outrageous", perhaps?
2016년 10월 9일
Not a native English speaker here, and I'm also positive that you already know the words I'm going to suggest and their usage, but what about "daring", "reckless", "temerarious", "bold"? (since you said, "wider than trasgressive", that's my two pennies for what they're worth...!)
2016년 10월 9일
I think there's no single word, though you could say "She left her standards of decency/normality at the door" or some literary phrase like that. What's the context?
2016년 10월 9일
Mikkel
Chinese (Mandarin), Danish, English, German, Swedish
English, Swedish