Roy Wu
How to get a good image in job interview of full English conversation English is what I have learned for over 10 years, but conversation is very poor. How can I speak more fluent English in short time, and interviewee will not think I have no chance about English n? I have an interview recently, and I don't have much time to strengthen my speaking because I still work during daytime.
2
0
OK. Good you are making the effort. Good interviews are usually the result of good preparation, so in the context of what you have asked: 1. Learn about the company 2. Practice questions they are likely to ask (your experience; problems you have solved; why they should give you a job) 3. Prepare the answers and get someone to grill you on iTalki. If you want the job, you will make the time. This won't mean you get the job, but it will improve your chances. Interviewing is a very poor way of choosing the best candidates , but that's the way companies do it. Good luck, and let them know how much you want the job and what you can do for them - the latter is key. BTW: get someone to check your CV - the title for this question would not give a good impression to an interviewer ;)
First, I commend you on your desire to improve. Regardless of the second language, I believe one should always strive to speak at or near native level. I, certainly, would not want to learn Chinese or Russian, and then cause offence to those speakers by speaking their native tongue so poorly. Secondly, might I suggest that English is your language too. And as a human being, you have as much right to learn to speak fluid and fluent English as any other native speaker. So, I recommend that you practice English with a native speaker here on Italki. There are many wonderful tutors here, and English speaking countries span the globe. So, it doesn't matter what hour of the day or night. There are plenty of tutors here to help you. Lastly, there are tutors and teachers on Italki that specialise in interview preparation. I recommend you give one of them a try. I don't recommend at this time movies or videos. English is a highly idiomatic language; we don't have special endings nouns or adjectives to indicate cases or gender. I would highly recommend that you find a tutor. A tv programme might just confuse you. Good luck.
Roy Wu
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese