Stefan
Translate to Spanish: (i) It's difficult to do. (ii) It was hard understanding him I never know whether to use the (a)infinitive, (b)para or (c)de!! eg. Es difícil hacer. Es difícil para hacer. AND/OR Es difícil de hacer. ??? Another example... It's diffiuclt to predict. So bonus points if anyone can tell me when to use infinitive, de or para after an adjective, like the 2 sentences above!!
3
0
(i) It's difficult to do = Es difícil de hacer (ii) It was hard understanding him = Fue difícil entenderlo I wouldn't use "para" because it doesn't make sense. I would say: Es difícil de hacer Es difícil de predecir If you skip the preposition "de" it sounds a little strage Es difícil hacer (all the things are difficult to do in general) Es difícil predecir (to predict is difficult in general) Saludos :)
Hola, Stefan. Es difícil hacer. (incorrect) You can use infinitive after an adjective in sentences like this one ONLY if the infinitive has a direct object pronoun attached. Es difícil hacerlo = It's difficult to do (IT). Es duro admitirlo = It's hard to admit (IT). Es fácil entenderte = It's easy to understand YOU. Es difícil PARA hacer. (incorrect) Never use PARA before an infinitive in this type of sentences. Es dificil DE hacer. (correct) Never attach a direct object pronoun to the infinitive if you use DE in your sentence: Es dificil DE haceLO (incorrect). So, you can say: Es difícil predecirlo. Es difícil DE predecir. But, never say: Es difícil PARA predecir. Saludos!
Stefan
Spanish