Ričardas
Expression: "You're four to three..." Hello native English speakers and others, I would really like to know what would a statement: "He says you're four to three at the moment, it looks good." mean. I have no clue what does this collocation "four to three" means. I hope you are able to explain it, though. Thank you for your efforts in advance. By the way, I found this on a subtitle in the movie I.T. (2016) starring Pierce Brosnan. The text surrounding this phrase is associated with some kind of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission approval of the protagonist's wish to expand his company, so... I hope this helps.
3
0
My guess, and it is only a guess, is that somebody identified as "he" has estimated that the odds (probability) for the listener to be successful are 4:3 which is about 57%.
Hello Ricardas, This is only a guess, but it might be something to do with the exchange rate of US$.into £sterling (money between US and UK). For example; I can buy more for my money in the US because the exchange rate is $1.25 for every £1.00 Hope that helps. Must go watch that film now :) Melanie
Ričardas
English, French, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Spanish
English, French, Japanese, Latvian, Spanish