John
should I use "journey" or "trip" here? I commute to and from work by bus on a daily basis, and the journey/trip usually takes me as long as/up to an hour. which word I should use : the journey, or trip ? am i right to use "as long as an hour" or "up to an hour" ? thanks a lot!
4
0
I think both options in both cases are all good choices. Perhaps trip is a bit more colloquial.
I would use journey. A journey typically signifies a longer travel time, whereas you might take a trip to the corner store, you certainly would not journey out to the corner store. Since your purpose in this case is to emphasize the length of time that it takes, I think journey is more appropriate. As for your second question, I think they're both appropriate.
I would use trip. Journey is a bit less common, and tends to refer to longer travel. As for the other, I would personally use 'up to an hour,' but either one works equally well.
John