Юлия
Most and The most What difference is between "most + adjective" and "the most + adjective"? I often can see both in texts, but I can't find any explanations anywhere. I know that superlative form is "the most + adjective" (the most beautiful )or "the + adjective ends in EST" (the largest). Examles This exercise is most difficult in the book. This exercise is THE most difficult in the book. The biggest and most popular market in London takes place every day in Camden, but it is busiest and best at the weekend. There is no article in the second part .
2
0
The most difficult is correct. suppose that there are some difficult exercises in the book, among them one is the most difficult. Most means the majority of- I play tennis most mornings. The most is used with adjectives : We are using the most advanced techniques in The world.
"This exercise is most difficult in the book. This exercise is THE most difficult in the book." The first sentence is incorrect as it possesses no article. "The biggest and most popular market in London takes place every day in Camden, but it is busiest and best at the weekend. There is no article in the second part " The reason for the lack of article is because it is already included when you say "the biggest". The "and" shows that you are continuing to talk about comparatives. Here you could also insert an article before "most popular" and it would still would be correct. I´m not sure if I have made myself very clear.
Юлия
English, French, Russian, Spanish