cwr31
down-ballot down-ballot Republican candidates down-ballot=?
3
0
https://www.italki.com/question/372628
In the US we vote for a lot of things at once. I know that in some other countries, they only vote for one office during an election. In contrast, I'll be voting for about 25 offices this November (that's about average). My ballot will ask for my choice for President at the top, and then my choices for the other offices further down the ballot. "Down ballot" is every office that isn't president.
In this case: Down = Lower Ballot = The US voting system where we record our votes on a piece of paper (also known as a ballot) Context: US government is organized at Federal, State, County, City, Town etc. levels. Colloquially, levels of government go from high (federal) to low (city, town). Down ballot Republicans refer to Republican candidates running for lower levels of office. In this context, if you're reading about the Presidential race (seen as the nation's highest office), down ballot Republicans would refer to everyone running for offices below that of President.
cwr31