Nathan
What does this sentence mean and 話 mean in this sentence in Cantonese? 啲公仔,又話幾貴幾貴,有幾鍾意幾鍾意。砌完又周圍擺。
2
0
firstly, the subject is missing, so I use X to indicate it. X said the dolls were cute and was fond of them. However, X put it everywhere after X has/have made it. In this case, "Put it everywhere" means that X do/does not care about the dolls. 話means "said or claimed" but this sentence is kinda weird, because 砌 means "assemble" which is a verb for a model, a doll is the soft, fabric made toys. Maybe you should take care of the collocation.
The first sentence ‘啲公仔,又話幾貴幾貴,有幾鍾意幾鍾意。’ is what someone (I call them A) reports what someone else (I call them B) said. It means: B said that the action figures/robots… were so expensive and that how much he or she liked them. The second sentence ‘砌完又周圍擺。’ is what A responds to the way in which B treated the action figures/robots… . It means: B put them all around (a particular place that both A and B know) after B pieced them together. [B was supposed to put them away very carefully because of the reasons mentioned in the first sentence.] In both of the sentences, there are actually the same subject but are left out because both A and the listener(s) know who he or she is. (I call the subject B here.) ‘公仔’ is a doll or a soft toy. Here, ‘啲公仔’ need to be pieced together, so they are more likely to be action figures, robots, etc. [I’m not so sure if they really need piecing together when we get them from stores.] ‘話’ means ‘said’ here. My answer seems a little confused or complicated, but I still hope it can be helpful.
Nathan
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Taiwanese), English, Japanese, Khmer (Cambodian), Korean
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Taiwanese), Japanese, Khmer (Cambodian), Korean